Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Basics of Sweet Smelling Skin Care

One of the things Avon specializes in is the fine art of fragrance layering.  The idea is that, to keep your favorite scent lasting longer, you combine the use of body wash, skin softener, deodorant, and fragrance that all matches.  If a company does it right, you won't end up smelling like a perfumery.

Avon gets it right with their layering collections.

Right now, I'm stuck on the Sweet Honesty layering set.  Sweet Honesty has a very feminine fragrance, reminiscent of spring flowers and baby powder.  Avon calls it "Floral Andehydic"; I call it a grown up version of Love's Baby Soft.

The set contains the fragrance, talc powder, deodorant (we already talked about this great product!) and skin softener.  Avon has been doing this form of skin softener since I can remember.  Back in my mother's day, she loved the Charisma "creme sachet".  I loved that it came in cool little decanters, like owls and frogs and the like.

Fast-forward to today.  The Creme Sachet is now the Cream Skin Softener, and the product is a lighter than air, softly scented potion that leaves your skin so soft!  I have chronically dry skin so I've tried everything.  During the dry, scratch seasons of fall/winter, I combine different lotions to get the relief I need.  This year, I've been either using a mix of Avon's Moisture Therapy Ultra Skin Renewal Lotion and Sweet Honesty cream, or just the cream by itself.


How does the skin softener feel?  It's a light cream, not too oily, and it absorbs into your skin like a charm.  A tiny bit goes a long way, and, you can use it on just about any part of your body, except the face.  We have creams for that (wink).

 
If you are looking to get back to basics with your skin care, I certainly would give the layering idea a try.  You combine great skin care products with a fantastic fragrance -- and just about ALL of Avon's fragrances has layering companions, even our Prestige fragrances like the new Eternal Magic.  Right now, with the holidays coming, the sets are hot, ready to fly out of the catalog into your shop.

Give it a try; you won't regret it.

Coming Tomorrow:  What Up with the Naturals Line?

1 comment:

  1. I have loved AVON since I was a little girl, and my first job in high school was as a Avon Lady. I love this company. Good success and blessings to you

    ReplyDelete